So, its almost time for your next brow waxing appointment, but there it is: a pesky hair threatening to ruin your perfectly arched brow.
To tweeze or not to tweeze ??
Tweezing, or ‘plucking’ as most people do, should be outlawed.
Plucking is the act of standing too close to the mirror, grabbing a wayward hair and yanking it outward. This usually breaks the hair off at skin level leaving a nub of hair that represents it self as a tiny dark dot, which in some cases looks worse than the hair previously there. There is a proper way to tweeze that we will teach in a future blog. However plucking will bring you nothing but trouble. So in short, you should leave your brow shaping to a trained waxing professional and this is why:
- Waxed hairs stay away longer than plucked hairs = no need to touch before your next wax appointment.
- If you are consistent with waxing, it slows the hair growth = longer time between appointments.
- Waxing removes hair from the root = smooth skin.
- Plucking can break hair, causing it to become more coarse = those terrible dark dots (ick).
- A great waxer will bring the most out of your brow shape = you looking fabulous always!
Still looking for that amazing waxer? Ask around – all incredible beauty experts will have a reputation as such. Look around – does that woman in line for coffee have the brows of your dreams? Compliment her and ask who does them. And please put those tweezers in your medicine kit where they belong, and forget about them until you get a splinter.
Be Fabulous ~ Carrie