“You have amazing skin! What’s the secret?” I hear this question every day from countless clients wanting to know how to have and keep their skin looking youthful, smooth and glowing.
“Cigarettes and chocolate,” I reply.
The secret is… there is no secret.
Good skin comes from exactly what you would expect it to: minimal sun exposure, a clean, healthy diet and life style, adequate sleep, etc.
Amazing skin, however, stems from regular facials appointments and a committed home care routine. There is a reason women have been, steaming, scrubbing, massaging and applying since the beginning of time…it works!
Fact: Most women have no idea what their skin type actually is. Cosmopolitan Magazine and that nice lady dressed in a lab coat at the Macy’s make-up counter are not the ones to consult. Only an experienced esthetician can properly analyze your complextion and guide you in the correct care and maintenance.
Cultivate a relationship with your esthetician – she will not only serve you in the present, but save your future. It is far easier and way less costly to prevent aging now than it will be to fix it later. Skin care is a necessity not a luxury, treat it otherwise and you’ll suffer the consequences. Ideally you want a facial once month.
But don’t sweat it: make it happen as often as you can. That is better than nothing at all.
So, without further ado, here’s some advice to get that amazing skin you’re after:
- Find your esthetician by asking around. Reputation is everything.
- Be committed. It is your face, after all. Schedule facial appointments in advance.
- Home Care, Home Care, Home Care! Facials can accomplish a lot, but you must apply home care product, or you could risk losing the ground you just gained.
- An experienced esthetician will save you time and money. Think of all those products you’ve purchased over the years and hated.
- Not only is an hour on your back good for your face, its also great for your brain…ahhhhh!
Be Fabulous ~ Carrie